Sunday, July 09, 2006

"Draw Me Close to You" - at Brighton!

I forgot to mention ... I had a naughty moment of glee when Kate Simmonds closed the morning main session by singing this most beautiful of songs. In the midst of the controversy caused by Charles Colson, I think the beauty and power of this song has been somewhat forgotten.

It was a truly holy moment to see the gathered thousands engaging with Jesus Christ as we sung these words. If lines have to be drawn then I know where I stood seeing Kate Simmonds and Terry Virgo standing on the Brighton platform lost in wonder, love and praise! I'd rather be there than with my hands in my pockets with Colson, or maturing onto 'other things' with Kauflin.

Lord ... forgive my naughty enjoyment that we sung that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're so bad ... ;)

I can just imagine you having your own personal private revival of unholy laughter ...

Unknown said...

context is the key...

Don said...

Don't get me started! Nuff said! :-D