Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Hung Out To Dry ...

I am still alive. Almost. I do apologise for the lack of posting - this has been due to a variety of reasons. My professional nursing life has experienced something of a massive shakeup. I was quite rightly challenged by my senior nurses to consider where I am going in my career and I have taken that seriously on board. It is an incredibly difficult thing when someone feels called to some kind of mission for God and yet the word "Now" hasn't come yet. My sinful tendancy has been to coast along in the profession that God has given me and I have realised that I have not been glorifying Him as I should.

I have also been busily copying every audiotape that I possess of Ern Baxter's and some other interesting "antique" tapes onto MP3 file. I'm about half way through but it is getting there. I am already sending out CD's of the said files to interested parties but I am probably going to follow Mark Heath into trying to find a good website to post them on so they will be available to all. I am so excited that Ern Baxter's unique and incredible ministry will be more available across the world than ever before. It is my dream that we don't have to hunt down small, un-heard of sources to get dusty audiotapes to hear this incredible man of God. But that his vision of God and His glory will be available at the click of a button!

Finally just a thought ... it's still along the same grace and legalism lines that Jul and I have been considering for the last few posts. I was cycling into work today listening to my MP3 player and I was listening to the well known song, "The Power of the Cross" from the live Brighton album and I was moved to tears by these words;

"Death is crushed to death;
Life is mine to live,
Won through Your selfless love".

I suddenly realised that the legalist decieves himself that he is alive when his life is a poor reflection of something that was doomed from the start. If we cannot grasp the wonder of God's glorious grace made available to us through the Cross and impacted dynamically upon us through the Holy Spirit then we might as well be dead. "LIFE IS MINE TO LIVE!". The empty Cross and the empty tomb scream aloud to the one bound in legalism - life! Life is ready to live! Come and live it! Come and die that you might live! What I have thought was my grace filled life is nothing. I haven't even begun to live! And every day that I sit moping and bemoaning my lack of worthiness, I miss the wonderful lavish adventure that waits.

Truly;

"This, the pow'r of the cross:
Son of God—slain for us.
What a love! What a cost!
We stand forgiven at the cross".

No comments: