Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Rob Rufus from the Grace and Glory Conference in Hong Kong!!

I am trying to post sessions from the "Grace and Glory Conference" as time permits! I have already posted;




But I was very challenged by some comments Rob made about legalism and our tolerance of it in the church. They are provocative statements to be sure - but coming from an intensely legalistic background like I did, I can do nothing but agree with him.

He said this;

"If you don't get angry with legalists - then you haven't seen grace. Legalists are bullies and their mission is to make you feel guilty. There is too much tolerance of them in the church that Jesus wouldn't have tolerated. Look them in the eye with the anointing of the Lion of the Tribe of Judah and say; "You don't know what you are talking about - My Saviour died for me in blood and guts and I stand redeemed and perfect in His sight!

Aren't you tired of church being like a Mask Ball?! Most who have been damaged by legalism wll wear their masks for protection and they will only begin to take them off very gradually when they come into encounter with true grace. However if a Pharisee comes along and rubbishes their prophecy or their step of faith - that mask will go back on for a very long time.

Don't let the Pharisees RAPE your people - don't be nice to them - don't tolerate them. Jesus wouldn't have!!".

I have been emailing some of my close friends and keeping them up to date with what God is doing personally in my life and I fervently believe that He is crumbling the foundations of legalism that have reigned for so long in my life. I pray as I go tonight to the meeting, He will put a stick of dynamite in there and OBLITERATE them forever!! And then begin rebuilding in a true foundation of the grace of God!!

No comments: