Saturday, June 07, 2008

Acorns ...

This is a slight break from my normal ramblings ... I thought you may be interested to see a short video about Acorns - the children's hospice where I work. The video was made celebrating Aston Villa Football Club adopting Acorns as their official sponsors and you can see a couple of the players interacting with the children during the video. The video has been posted on You-Tube so I wanted to draw some attention to it. Many people don't have a clue about what life inside a children's hospice is like - you might be surprised to see it's full of life!!



I had quite a tough day at work today - but this video really reminds me what it's all about. Impacting people's lives - and I am so fortunate to be part of such a wonderful team!! Hope you find it interesting!!

2 comments:

Peter Day said...

This is wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing these. Now we can pray for you having seen a taste of what you do.

Chris Welch - 07000INTUNE said...

Thanks Dan so much....
I have emailed Jacqui in our church to take a look. She is continually challenged by her hospice work too. She is one of the amazing saints we have in our church...she is always getting amazing insights...or prophetic songs...or words of knowledge about things behind the scenes in our church. But she is really sensitive to the needs of the people she is working with in the hospice. She recently shared about the need, once she had done things she had felt to do, then to just leave people in the Lord's hands. Otherwise it all just becomes too overwhelming. You'd both be an encouragement to each other I am sure.