Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Coming Soon ... !!

The answer to this question:

"When a Christian sins, does that break their fellowship with God? And is that fellowship with God broken until they confess their sin and get forgiveness? And then the fellowship with God that was broken is now restored? I want to ask the question; is that the case or is that more an Old Covenant approach to God and is the New Covenant a lot better than that?".

I am going to publish the answer to this from Rob Rufus's sermon: "Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins To God?" in parts. Rob made the point during the sermon that he is quite secure in the knowledge that not everyone is going to agree with him. But what he is doing is making the Church THINK. This sermon struck both Pete and myself as very much a landmark for Hong Kong. It was something that Rob wouldn't preach on until he felt he was ready. More to come!

4 comments:

jul said...

I loved his answer! 3 cheers for guilt-free Christianity!

lydia said...

Amen, I love God's New Covenant!

(Julie what's so funny?? in the picture...)

Dan Bowen said...

Yes I think we ought to have a caption competition - the winner gets a book from my library! What was being said in Hong Kong that was so funny to Julie and Aaron, Rob and Glenda?!?

Answers please!!

jul said...

I don't even remember, but Ryan was behind the camera and I'm sure that explains it...