Thursday, July 29, 2010

A New Page is Turning .... !!

It's so amazing and fab to write a really "GOOD" post for once! I mentioned in my last post that I was meeting my parent's pastors yesterday to discuss the past - and confessed I wasn't going full of faith. Before Pete Day and I went to the meeting we spent some time in prayer together and a really strong prophetic reminder came; "Now unto Him who is able to do far more than you can think or imagine". Well God did indeed do FAR more than I could even imagine.

I'm not going to go into the detail of what was said and discussed - that's private between the four of us. But I am so grateful and excited to report that we completely put the past to rest. Confusion and misunderstanding was sorted out. I was able to apologise to them for writing angrily on the past on this and other blogs about my upsets with them - and they were gracious and godly enough to accept and forgive me and said I am welcome back at the church.

I was often accused of clinging on to a root of bitterness in regards to SGM - but for me the test case was how I would feel after the most wonderful end to a meeting like happened. Would I still want to hold on to being angry at them? I'm thrilled I didn't and I don't. I feel nothing but gratitude to God for the best possible end to an episode of my life - and am excited about what the future holds. And I'm excited to go back to the church and see how it's grown and enjoy encountering God there at times in the future.

I wouldn't say this means that I'm in 100% agreement with SGM and some of the views they hold! I still don't like various aspects - over-emphasis on the Cross to the neglect of resurrection, treatment of women, importance of Holy Spirit etc etc - but Peter Bowley (one of the Bristol pastors) put it really wisely - something like; "Disagree on substance - not on the person". I've often said to my friend Janelle that there's more I agree with than disagree with SGM and that must be a great thing.

Pete Day prophesied this song "Unwritten" by Natasha Bedingfield - over me just after I left the church and I never really felt it came to pass - until now. Particularly the line; "The best is yet unwritten". Or as his blog calls it; "The Best is Yet to Come!".

No comments: