Sunday, October 10, 2010

Transcripts Go Multi-Lingual!

I began transcribing initially as a personal activity I enjoyed and then began to realise that transcripts could serve a purpose in that some people who didn't have the time to sit and listen to audio sermons could read them. My two favourite preachers and heroes for transcribing are Ern Baxter and Rob Rufus as many know - mainly because of their prophetic commitment to Word and Spirit as well as their passion to see the gospel spread across the nations. I can never fail to listen to a sermon of theirs and come away untouched!

However of course I am aware that there are limitations on how far such published transcripts can go as I am not fluent in languages. Therefore it was a tremendous joy and excitement to me to begin emailing and get to know a fellow Rob Rufus and grace-lover called Bryan. He has very graciously and kindly copied one of my transcripts into German! It is now available here on the Rob Rufus blog that I have neglected for far too long.

The sermon was a monumental series called "Established in the Gift of Righteousness" that Rob preached in Hong Kong last year. It was of such help to me in working and training my mind to rid itself of 29 years of legalism and a series I need to read again and again! So I am so thrilled that German-speaking people can now begin to enjoy this sermon too!

No comments: